Goombaragin is approximately 125 kms north of Broome on the Dampier Peninsula in the Kimberley region of Western Australia. We are situated on the west side of the peninsula at the southern end of Pender Bay. The trip will take you just over two hours. While the Cape Leveque Road is now sealed, the road to Goombaragin is not. A 4WD is strongly recommended. Please note that some 4WD inbuilt navigational systems and online maps can sometimes be incorrect when showing direct routes to remote locations. Just to be sure you arrive at Goombaragin, follow these directions as well.
- Head out onto the Cape Leveque Road
- Go past the Beagle Bay Community turnoff
- Turn LEFT onto the Middle Lagoon Road (approx. 20 kms after the community turnoff)
- Turn RIGHT at the crossroads (approx. 15 kms from the main road)
- Then Goombaragin is 2nd LEFT after the crossroads
Goombaragin Eco Retreat has blue and white directional signage at all intersections starting from the main Cape Leveque Road so keep an eye out for these.